- Act as a primary point of contact and the face of GitLab for our MM customers and prospects.
- Technically curious, with an interest in software development and IT operations
- Managing your sales pipeline effectively
- Ability to effectively prospect to new customers via phone, email and social media
- Basic understanding of application lifecycle management including the technology commonly used in application lifecycle management.
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices, including the cultural shift it represents and the benefits to building and shipping software upon adopting those practices.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Sales qualification experience in MEDDPICC or MEDDIC preferred
- Comfortable with frequent client phone calls to explain hard-to-understand concepts and deployment options.
- Contribute to documenting improvements in our sales handbook.
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker
- Take ownership of your book of business
- document in Salesforce the buying criteria
- document in Salesforce the buying process
- document in Salesforce next steps and owners
- ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence and not hope
- Updating SalesForce daily with call notes and next steps on all opportunities
- Excellent spoken and written English, other languages an advantage
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Affinity with software and the software development process
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- 3+ years experience in sales, marketing, or customer service
- Experience with CRM and email automation software is highly preferred
- An understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been hacking together websites since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.