We are looking for a creative, flexible, high-energy individual to take opportunities from lead to closed-won, while navigating complex sourcing models, legal negotiations, and highly technical product conversations. The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of and experience in IaaS and SaaS sales models, a proven track record of closing deals. The Mailgun Account Executive specializes in consulting with clients, aligning to business goals and managing resources in the development and delivery of solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. Solid work ethic, personal accountability, adaptability to change, strong organization skills and strategic thinking are all assets’ candidates will need to leverage to be successful in this roll. The right candidate will eagerly pursue opportunities to upsell existing customers as well as target and close net new accounts ranging anywhere from $1000 MRR to $20,000 MRR.
- Operates at a highly transactional pace and are key levers in building promoter customers.
- Field incoming leads as well as generate outbound calls, occasionally making client site visits and presentations.
- Uses internal relationships to exceed customer expectations and provide support to the team.
- Engages and persuades mid-level to senior-level management.
- Works with Technical Account Managers to vet onboarding the right large volume senders, weeding out bad actors before we engage in a lengthy sales process.
- Must have the ability to see patterns and deconstruct problems to develop solutions.
- Identify multiple causes, effects and customer solutions.
- Moderate to advanced configurations-cloud computing preferred. Sells to entry and senior level management.
- Utilizes Salesforce, Outreach, Chorus, proposal tools, and other sales utilities.
- Strong professional sales expertise to include the sales process and sales techniques.
- Good knowledge of complex configurations which apply to offerings based on customer’s needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience selling software or SaaS in a B2B environment
- Proven track record of exceeding sales and revenue targets
- Must be comfortable selling to developers and engaging in technical sales motions
- Strong history of getting immediate results while building repeatable processes
- Demonstrated success in selling innovative technologies to medium and large organization
- Ability to ‘hunt’ new customers and develop current ones
- 5+ weeks PTO (treat yo’ self)
- 8 paid holidays
- Up to 100% Medical coverage for employees
- Life insurance
- Exclusive Gold’s Gym membership discounts
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave for birth mothers
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for parents, including through adoption or foster care
- 401k with employer match