Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers that help grow and scale business in the cloud.
Our DOSO Account Manager team’s mission is to service our most critical business customers by facilitating adoption, best practice and growth, through onboarding and account management. Customer Success is an integral part of our company. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the technologies we use, and have experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As the voice of the customer, you have the opportunity to influence product decisions that will greatly improve user experience.
Reporting to the Director of Inside Sales, the Account Manager will work to grow business on our platform and promote our customers to do more on DigitalOcean.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about propelling growth and increasing adoption of DigitalOcean's product offerings. You'll manage relationships with our business customers, partnering with solutions engineers to provide technical expertise and identify and drive migration and expansion opportunities.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work with our business customers as their Account Manager, ensuring they are getting the guidance and resources they need to be successful
- You will have the opportunity to help build mindshare and broad use of DigitalOcean within organizations.
- Leverage Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Engineers, and your knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist in driving successful outcomes
- Engage in consistent, proactive customer engagement to positively impact customer loyalty, revenue growth, and adoption
- Proactively monitor and identify usage trends in order to uncover opportunities, renewal risks, while supporting greater adoption rates
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within DigitalOcean (be their voice)
What We'll Expect From You:
- Passion for technology and customer advocacy
- Strong background with infrastructure and the public cloud ecosystem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong identity with our brand and team culture
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Sales, or Solutions Engineering type roles
- Startup experience
- Understanding of the developer journey, their tools and concepts, and their infrastructure requirements
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, and a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We’re currently building our presence in Texas so we’re working out of a we-work space. Also we’re very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Success
Want to learn more about our Customer Success team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!