Heap has made a fundamental innovation in analytics, and companies like Twilio and Splunk have chosen us over other alternatives because of our "capture everything" approach to analytics. Our revenue has increased more than 3x in the last 2 years, and we're looking for an Accounting Manager to help us scale to $100M in ARR and beyond.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial & motivated Accounting Manager who will report to the VP of Finance. This is an exciting opportunity to manage, transform and up-level the accounting function. You will be responsible for managing the day to day accounting operations including Financial Audits, Month End Close, technical accounting, Treasury, General Ledger, Taxes, Insurance, AP, Fixed Assets and Payroll. We are seeking a positive and adaptive self-starter who will roll up their sleeves, while managing a successful team of accountants.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close and related reporting
- Oversee all corporate accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, statutory guidelines and internal financial policies and procedures
- System automation with initial focus on expense management
- Lead the finance team through successful annual financial & 401K audits
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a lead role in directing change initiatives and process improvements
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings; liaise with external tax accountants to ensure completion of tax filings
- Own the commissions calculation process; collaborate with business leaders to ensure accurate & transparent commissions
- Be the point of contact for anything finance-related
- Collaborate across multiple departments to ensure appropriate financials & accounting policy compliance
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Mentor & lead a team of 2 accountants to success
What we’re looking for:
- Ownership: ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges in a fast growing environment
- Analytical: High attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Proactive and independent: must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement while always curious and learning
- Audit experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, CPA required
- 5+ years experience in Accounting and Finance roles (ideally a combination of an accounting firm and in a corporate setting - Experience in a small SaaS company is a huge plus)
- System savvy with implementation experience; Netsuite experience strongly preferred
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!