Sales Strategy & Operations strives to be the brain and the spine of the Sales team at Okta. As part of the Business Operations group, we protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing GTM organization by ensuring teams have the insight, tools, and processes they need to run effectively and efficiently.
The Analyst will help streamline how the Sales Operations team serves the business. As part of the Sales Planning & Analytics pod, you’ll be close to the company’s most critical performance data and develop a keen understanding of how Okta acquires revenue. You’ll collaborate with a diverse cast within our high-performing Strategy & Operations teams Marketing Strategy & Analytics, Product Marketing, Data & Analytics and Business Systems to answer complex questions that drive the trajectory of Okta's GTM strategy.
You’ll help us across the three critical areas of sales operations:
- Help formalize, automate, and expand our sales reporting. This includes (but is not limited to) weekly/monthly/quarterly reports on pipeline, sales, and product performance.
- In conjunction with the team, mature our metrics with new models of pipeline and territory health.
- Present findings and insights to senior operations leadership across GTM teams to power data-driven decision making.
Planning & Strategy
- Maintain and update our demand, quota, and capacity plans – a critical pulse for our fast-growing teams.
- Uncover areas of revenue opportunity in our customer and prospect base.
- Partner with other members of the business in an effort to drive long-term, strategic plans for the Marketing, Renewals, and Product teams.
Process & Infrastructure
- Know or learn what quality data means while helping us to design and improve it.
- Work cross-functionally with the Data and IT teams to help build an integrated and scalable data pipeline across various business systems.
- Help optimize the Sales Rep, Manager, and Sales Ops experience in Salesforce and other systems.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience working in an analytical capacity at a SaaS company.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- 2+ years of Salesforce experience (building complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows).
- Experience with Tableau and/or other analysis/BI tools.
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- Self-motivation, with the desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
Additional things we value:
- Experience with Anaplan or other planning tools.
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar database querying language (you’ve heard of a left join).
You might fit one of these profiles, or might not:
- A general analyst (finance, marketing, product, …) wanting to work closer to revenue acquisition.
- A sales ops analyst with 1-2 years of experience looking to expand your skill set in a new market and sales model.