At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced analytics engineer to join our growing data team. You'll help the team adopt an engineering discipline. The work is challenging, to say the least. In return, you’ll be able to work with one of the most exciting companies in the world. Sound like something you’re interested in? We’d love to hear from you.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Expand our data warehouse with clean data, ready for analysis.
- Follow and improve our processes for maintaining high quality data and reporting.
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected and analyzed.
- Advocate for improvements to data quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across your team and the organization.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure.
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review, including testing, documentation, and reproducibility.
- Represent Netlify and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Coach analysts on software engineering best practices (e.g., using version control, building testing suites and CI pipelines).
- Build software tools that help data scientists and analysts work more efficiently (e.g., writing an internal R or Python tooling package for analysts to use).
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects and advocate for and emphasize the business value of applications.
- Maintain deliverables, projects, and timelines for your business stakeholders
- Communicate findings clearly to a broad range of stakeholders
- Develop and communicate strong opinions about best practices in Analytics Engineering
We're looking for someone who has experience with:
- 3+ years experience in an analytics role and considers themselves a full stack data analyst
- Proficiency in writing analytical SQL and understand the difference between SQL that works, and performant SQL
- Experience working with Python and SQL to generate business insights and drive better organizational decision making.
- The command line and git
- A solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Clear and direct communication skills about complex technical topics
- Passion for building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- A Track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Catching bugs and style issues in code reviews.
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data (engineering, analytics, science) team practices.
Within 1 month, you’ll be…
- Helping navigate definition-related conversations, acting as thought-leader and partner to afunctional group
- Working in our BI tool, writing SQL queries to produce dashboards
- Understanding our values
- Comfortable participating in triage rotation without a named backup
Within 2 months, you’ll be…
- Comfortable working with dbt via the command line
- Comfortable participating in triage rotation on own
- Contributing to internal conversations on data organization and structure
Within 3 months, you’ll be…
- Comfortable building a new data source from scratch
- Showing team members answers in the right tool
- Regularly contributing to documentation and housekeeping improvements for the team
- Gathering requirements, scope, and build analysis with little-to-no guidance from more senior members of the team
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 63% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.