Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Team is currently looking for a system-oriented, future-driven Junior Accountant with good technical skills. In your role, you will support our Finance and Accounting team in the daily accounting tasks to facilitate Contentful’s rapid international expansion.
- You will prepare the bookings in the general ledger, the accounts payable and all other subledgers
- You will take responsibility for routine tasks like controlling expense reports in our expense app Rydoo
- You will participate in and support the monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- You will have to chance to improve our internal processes that help automate and feed into our tools and systems
- You gained first experience in accounting and reconciliation of accounts
- Basic knowledge of international, US, or German accounting standards (IFRS, US-GAAP, HGB) and tax topics (European VAT)
- You love numbers and number crunching, you don’t get bored by routine tasks
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty, cleaning things up, accounts and processes
- Preferably, you have experience with NetSuite or a similar larger ERP systems, with Rydoo or Expensify (Ideally you can’t only operate them but feel comfortable to “look under the hood”)
- Fluent in English and basic knowledge of German
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Enjoy significant exposure to SaaS and subscription-based business models; a unique skillset vital to the thriving, multi-billion-dollar enterprise software market environment
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
"Variety is the spice of life" and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!