Title of Job: Solutions Architect - Named Accounts
Reports to: Director - Presales
Position Description: The Solutions Architect at Okta is involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for team players that can create sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. Okta’s Sales Engineers empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of PoCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- A world class communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer