Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a very important role for Contentful as we expand our global marketing initiatives. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and organized individual who is excited about building and delivering effective marketing campaigns.
This role will play a critical part in the execution of every tactic that goes into an integrated campaign. The primary responsibilities of this role include webinar development, email marketing, direct mail programs, and digital marketing tactics. The Associate Marketing Program Manager will be working in tight collaboration with the Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, Customer Marketing and Marketing Operations teams to deliver new, strategic marketing programs.
This role will report to the global campaign manager on the Demand Generation team and be based in San Francisco, CA (we offer relocation!). See below for a more detailed view of the role and responsibilities.
- Coordinate the planning, content development, promotion and execution of webinars, refining the Contentful webinar playbook and delivering value to both business and technical audiences
- Deploy new email marketing tactics to drive engagement with our existing database through lead nurture, developing both behavioral and persona-based nurture tracks
- Deliver new direct mail programs to help drive net new opportunities and to accelerate opportunity closure rate; manage vendors and coordinate program roll out in close partnership with Sales
- Work effectively across functions with Marketing Communications and Product Marketing team to successfully incorporate Contentful’s messaging and positioning throughout the lifecycle of a campaign
- Develop thoughtful and creative program themes that engage our audiences and deliver specific and unique value
- Build a close working relationship with the SDR and AE teams; work in collaboration with sales to coordinate the roll out of new marketing programs as well as on-going follow up with new leads
- Work with the Marketing Campaigns Manager to define KPI’s per marketing program; partner with Marketing Operations on setting up trackable processes to accurately measure success
- 2-3 years experience in a similar or related marketing role
- Experience planning and executing campaign tactics, including webinar and email programs
- Excellent writing / communication skills; working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Working familiarity with marketing automation systems like Marketo or Eloqua, and with CRM systems like Salesforce.com
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple simultaneous deliverables to execution with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with a highly analytical approach in assessing what is working and where to drive improved performance
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player with attention to detail and collaborative spirit
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, both for onboarding and for other visits
- Work in our beautiful downtown space, close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Full suite of healthcare benefits
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An open time off policy that gives you time to recharge
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!