Reports to: Audience Insights Manager
The Wikimedia Foundation seeks a highly collaborative and analytical audience and growth market performance associate to track the progress, trends and success of our growth marketing strategies and campaigns. This work is critical to growing Wikipedia usage worldwide. In this role, you will work with Wikimedia Foundation communications, product, advancement, community, partnership, and research teams to track, monitor and report on overall global growth and engagement initiatives. You will create high-level and detailed KPI reporting and views for up-to-date sharing with partners, compiled from a variety of source reporting systems.
As Audience Insights Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to growth in Wikipedia product usage across regions, languages, and cultures
- Tracking and quality checking all reporting data for accuracy to ensure sound reporting of all Audience Engagement campaigns and strategies. Working with SEO Keyword, Google analytics, internal technical and external vendors to design and operationalize an end-to-end optimized SEO and SEM strategy and process, complete with integrated tracking, reporting and QC daily.
- Compiling and distributing up-to-date audience engagement campaign and strategy performance by working with key partners to understand reporting needs, KPIs and initiatives to track; how to organize the dashboard and supporting reports; and how often to update the reports.
- Knowing audience engagement’s initiatives, strategies and campaigns to accurately organizing reporting and to know when to include new campaigns.
- Partnering with Wikimedia Foundation partners to provide a holistic view of campaign and strategy performance by offering a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
- Preparing and distributing a scorecard and dashboard of key audience engagement team program reporting, to include goals and progress for new market growth, key audience and marketing campaign performance and fresh community and audience insights.
- Partner with the Audience Insights Manager to contribute to global research, product, research and analytic projects, community engagement insights and advancement learnings to establish a streamlined process to gather audience insight and market penetration progress for contributors, readers and donors.
- Build and manage the Google Analytics keyword strategy and process with the Brand team
- Work with creative and content strategy to ensure keyword SEO tagging is in place and accurate
- Learn our lifecycle, growth markets, audience segments and communities
- Build a collaborative process to educate, share and update your partners on the progress of key audience engagement initiatives
- Keep projects on budget and on time
- Ensure all reporting data is secure during transfers and while being accessed by partners
- Develop best practices for cultural inclusivity to ensure project work reflects multiple perspectives
- Have up-to-date knowledge of current events on all markets
- Participate in an existing community panel to receive insights and communicate our work.
- Perform well in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively from one-on-one to large groups
- Marketing campaign reporting experience
- SEO tagging experience
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics & tagging process
- Experience working with secure technical data feeds and transmissions
- Demonstrated experience organizing and building reporting scorecards, dashboards and detailed report deep-linking.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong team building skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sound judgement with proven ability to make objective data-based decisions
- Analytical and innovative approach to aggregating and sharing data reports
- A deep love for Wikipedia/Wikimedia, the joy of discovery, and empowering the expansion of free knowledge
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Passion for marketing work and engaging diverse international audiences
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017