This position is remote based.
At GitLab, developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile
Most backend developers work on all aspects of GitLab, building features, fixing bugs, and generally improving the application. The Manage team works on the backend part of GitLab for the Manage product category. Among other things, this means working on GitLab's functionality around user, group and project administration, authentication, access control, and subscriptions.
Licensing - Covers all aspects of our licensing model, from how we count seats and conduct true-up to how we count active seats and keep the customer informed on their seat utilization.
Transactions - How customers pay for GitLab. Licensing is about how we package GitLab as an offering, whereas Transactions is about how we fulfill those business relationships and how we make doing business with GitLab a great experience for both self-managed and GitLab.com.
Backend Team Page
Product Direction Page
- You have worked on a production-level Ruby application, preferably using Rails (this is a strict requirement).
- Experience with other technologies a plus.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
The compensation calculator for this job can be found here.