This position is remote based.
At GitLab, developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile
way. Most backend developers work on all aspects of GitLab, building features, fixing bugs, and generally improving the application.
The Serverless team will be working on the backend part of GitLab for the Configure product category. This is one of our new and major initiatives for 2018 and there is a lot of momentum behind it. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in the serverless space to come in and help us shape the vision for product feature.
- You have worked on a production-level Ruby application, preferably using Rails (this is a strict requirement).
- Significant experience with FAAS.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here.