About the opportunity
- Continuously improve our internal engineering productivity and job satisfaction
- Evangelise good engineering practices such as code health, testing and maintainability supported by automation and tooling
- Work across teams to identify the biggest engineering pain points and needs, generate and implement solutions considering the appropriate investment/impact ratio
- Provide training, consulting, mentoring and support in product and development teams to drive adoption
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Frontend and Backend, designing and delivering performant, maintainable, and scalable features and services
- Practice data-informed product development through analytics, A/B testing, etc.
What to expect?
- Review and optimise our Continuous Delivery practices and tooling based on the company scaling needs
- Work with and support teams to:
- Test and ship new features that improve how we onboard developers to Contentful, either through our Web Application or Node.js CLI
- Constantly evolve the Authoring experience for content creators
- Ship powerful and complex features, like SSO authentication, for our largest customers
- Consider new and alternative ways – GraphQL, for example – to express and consume our APIs
- Develop on our Platform with modern services like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
What you need to be successful?
- Understanding of functional programming principles
- Understanding the best industry Continuous Delivery practices, or strong interest in it
- Understanding of Agile and Lean principles
- Good collaboration and excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written (German is not required)
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.