Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
Contentful is looking for a Billing Manager to join our Revenue Team in San Francisco. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring our invoicing and collections are executed in a timely manner. You will also ensure all customer inquiries related to billing and collections are resolved efficiently.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue, you will coordinate cross-functionally with the Sales, Accounting, and Finance teams. A successful candidate thrives in a team environment while being a resourceful, independent, self-starter who is able to work effectively with minimal direction. This is also a great opportunity to diversify your skills and get involved in other aspects of Sales/Revenue Operations in our team-oriented environment. What you will be doing?
- Perform day to day billing operations, including validating customer subscriptions and invoices timely and accurately. Ensure our billing system is up-to-date for billing and revenue reporting
- Manage internal Ticketing (Zendesk) to ensure timely resolution to customer inquiries related to billing and collections.
- Provide regular updates on collection efforts to management (DSO).
- Manage accounts receivables, including accurate cash application and monitoring of collections. Work with customers and our Sales team to address non-payment and other collections issues.
- Support and resolve billing and A/R inquiries and requests from external customers and internal teams.
- Support the month-end close reporting requirement related to A/R, deferred revenue and bad debt.
- Collectively drive process improvements and efficiencies in the order to cash cycle; identify better controls to ensure accurate reporting of related financial metrics
- Assist with audit requests, ad-hoc projects, and system implementations
- 3 years of billing and collections experience preferably at a SaaS company
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks; strong organizational and time management skills are required
- A problem-solver who consistently practices attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills; must also have experience with Netsuite, Zuora, Stripe, and SFDC
- Understanding of GAAP and basic revenue recognition standards
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with a customer service mindset
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We look forward to your application!