Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The blog assistant - working student will be part of our marcoms team, focusing on the Contentful blog: inputting completed articles and designs, coordinating social media posts, researching and writing SEO content, copyediting and monitoring Contentful forums and slack for trending topics.
- Logistics: inputting blog articles into the Contentful web app; coordinating blog designs with the design team; coordinating blog-post related social media posts with the marketing communications manager; keeping track of trends in the Contentful community to inform future blog posts; keep past blogs updated and connected to new information
- SEO: writing metadata for blogs and assets; doing keyword searches; completing the SEO component for blogs and web pages
- Copyediting: editing posts and other documents for style, grammar and typos
- Exceptional native-level English writing skills with a strong knowledge of grammar and style and excellent editing skills. You also have the ability to receive and thoughtfully consider feedback
- You are enrolled in a university in Germany
- Excel at working within and across teams, quickly building relationships and understanding what’s going on across the company
- Eager to learn about tech writing, agile processes and marketing to developers
- Detailed and organized: no misplaced comma can escape your notice, and you’re quick to develop a system to simultaneously manage a few projects at the same time
- Education in journalism, communication, English, marketing or related fields
- Experience with SEO and writing for the web
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team.
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!