Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers and peers will love
As a Business Analytics Manager, you will join a growing Analytics team that collaborate with business partners across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing robust and relevant analysis, insights and actionable data-guided recommendations. The team is hands-on with a wide variety of datasets, including user data, product behavior data, financial/payment data, upper-funnel marketing data, trust and safety data, and operational/infrastructure data.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Dive into a variety of datasets to answer critical business questions and uncover valuable insights, becoming a subject matter expert on the data generated by, and used by our Product, Marketing, and Finance teams.
- Own the ongoing automation and delivery of standardized data views, dashboards, and a self-service data exploration environment curated to varying levels of DO leadership
- Share a range of information, reasoning, insights and recommendations that will drive decisions across DO, from simple SQL queries to more advanced, long-term modeling and financial / strategic analysis
- Build and maintain inclusive partnerships directly with key stakeholders across our Product, Marketing, and Finance teams, proactively identifying opportunities to provide clear data-guided reasoning and insights that validate or refute existing hypotheses and lead to new, impactful outcomes or initiatives
- Partner with stakeholders to understand current barriers to information access, and help uncover opportunities for increased or more efficient use of data in day-to-day decision-making
- Evangelize and facilitate the use of data, including standardized KPIs and consistent measurement methodologies.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience in a quantitative analytics role, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and confidence to make conclusions and recommendations from data
- Proactive communication skills and track record of setting and executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Hands-on ability to generate reports to support a variety of business functions from start to finish (ex: data cleaning to analysis to presentation)
- Experience building easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Strong Interpersonal skills for building and maintaining relationships and managing conflicts
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), and ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience with data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Bonus: Prior experience with Python and/or statistical modeling tools such as R or Matlab.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Data & Analytics
Want to learn more about our Data & Analtyics team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!