At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” As the Business Development Manager at Airtable you will manage and scale our first ever business development team. More specifically, you'll own the hiring, training, strategy and design of how this new BDR team will operate. This includes helping build the right outbound messaging, refining our qualification criteria and developing the next generation of sellers at Airtable.
Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless. This opens up all sorts of exciting possibilities for our Sales team in terms of who our potential customer is. As a result, the demand for our product has outpaced the capacity of our sales team.
Are you looking for some truly fascinating work, where you'll work alongside a best in class team, harnessing the power of an extraordinary product, for a company with unlimited growth potential?
What you'll do
- Hire, train and manage a team of Business Development Representatives.
- Develop and validate new strategies for prospecting and outbound efforts that can be scaled across the Sales team.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Data Science, Growth and Ops teams to develop thoughtful and innovative approaches to prospecting.
- Operate a highly agile and experimental team that can quickly formulate, test and validate new Sales growth tactics.
- Implement, improve and standardize key sales processes in service of driving consistent and repeatable motions that predictably drive revenue growth.
- Actively use Salesforce to manage BDR sales processes and set standards for performance metrics.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of SaaS experience working within revenue focused teams responsible for selling software solutions into multiple industries.
- You have 1+ years of experience leading a business development team.
- You have a deep understanding of outbound selling and prospecting.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- Experience building and leading experimental teams.
- You thrive partnering with different cross functional teams to design and execute effective ways to get customers on the phone.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator.
- You are passionate about our overall mission and how customers can use Airtable.
- You are scrappy, resourceful and a creative problem solver when discovering the business needs of your customer and understanding how Airtable plugs into the bigger picture.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.