Okta is seeking an experienced content marketing + social media manager to tell the Okta story. In this role, you will report to Okta’s Senior Manager of Content Marketing and own our social media and corporate content strategy. You’ll represent the Okta brand and be the arbiter of our tone and voice down to every word, emdash, and emoji. You’ll manage our social media agency and develop one-of-a-kind global campaigns, launch our developer social media strategy, and engage with all audiences. You’ll also manage our corporate content strategy, getting at the heart of who our employees are through blog content, videos, and social campaigns. You’ll drive employee engagement, ensuring that anyone can be an Okta brand advocate.
Okta’s content and communications team’s vision is that everyone knows, shares, and advocates for the Okta story. We work around the world to shape internal and external conversations about Okta, identity, security, and technology innovation. We engage with press, analysts, the public, customers, and employees, and are considered the company spokespeople and content creators. You will play a key role in growing this team and evolving our story.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience in content marketing and social media in-house or at an agency.
- Experience leading social media channels and working on creative social media campaigns for a cloud company.
- Experience with social media publishing, listening, and analytics tools.
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal teams and leadership to craft regional and functional social media promotion strategies.
- Ability to turn social measurement into insights and create actionable, data-backed reports, compile results, and provide recommendations.
- An analytical approach, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and know when to engage.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Own Okta’s global social media strategy and presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Launch Okta’s developer and security social media channels and create a strategy for growth and engagement.
- Know what content to promote — from brand campaigns to event registrations — and on which channel.
- Consistently set goals, and measure and optimize to reach them.
- Manage our social media agency, reviewing every post that goes out across each channel to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Scale our social media function as we grow, working in Asana and with cross-functional stakeholders and teams.
- Partner with global marketing leads to develop regional social media strategies.
- Publish videos and ensure our YouTube channel is optimized for search and engagement.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and make recommendations for innovative campaigns.
- Partner with the digital media team to advise on paid social campaigns.
- Own our corporate content strategy to tell the story of what it means to be an Oktanaut via our blog, video, and other campaigns.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure cross-promotional efforts remain on-brand.
- Drive internal employee engagement so that anyone can be an Okta brand advocate.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.