Okta strives to help prospects and customers modernize IT, build customer experiences, and prevent breaches by mapping our solutions to their needs. By understanding the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with, you will help them achieve the desired positive business outcomes with our solutions. You will cultivate tight-knit relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales process for medium and large new logo customers from demo to contract negotiation
- Expand business within existing Okta customers by building long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Develop and execute against an assigned quota and territory plan
- Prospect, forecast, build and maintain a sales pipeline with assigned Sales Development Representatives
- Present to C-level executives in the field and via web demonstrations
- 3-5 years of experience in a new logo sales and account management position at a progressive technology company (SaaS/Cloud strongly preferred)
- A proven track record of success selling to mid-sized and enterprise customers
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Extensive experience in territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, pricing, delivery, negotiations, and closing
- Ability to travel (up to 30%)
- Cross-functional team player, experience collaborating with Sales Development and Sales Engineering teams
- BS/BA degree required
- Must be located in Chicago
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.