Okta is hiring a Communications Associate to join our growing team. As a member of the Corporate Communications + Content Team, you will execute on our internal communications strategy to keep employees informed, aligned and connected to our company vision and values.
In this role, you will drive strategic communications campaigns, draft content for written company-wide communications, conduct research, support our global internal communications programs like our weekly company-wide All Hands, and much more.
The ideal candidate is a creative and thoughtful self-starter who is passionate about communications — both internal and external. This person will report directly to Okta’s head of internal communications.
Responsibilities (What You’ll Be Doing)
- Execute on internal comms campaigns that clearly articulate Okta’s company strategy and priorities across Okta’s global workforce
- Manage process and experience for our weekly, global company All Hands meeting;
- Partner with organizations around the company to help evangelize strategic business priorities
- Curate and create content for company-wide internal communications, from emails to newsletters to videos
- Edit and proofread communication materials prepared by others for final publishing
- Support the internal communication campaign needs of various corporate initiatives. This could include project planning, content development, writing, and production/distribution.
- Draft and edit blog posts and media announcements as needed
- Maintain and analyze Okta’s PR coverage, showcasing trends in product, corporate, and international PR
- Support comms team with drafting content and materials including press releases, blog posts, etc.
Required Skills/experience (What You’ve Accomplished)
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 2-3 years of both internal and external communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including experience in crisis communications and issues management
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills a must
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically in Photoshop + Illustrator
- Basic video editing capabilities
- Strong knowledge management and project management skills with keen attention to details
- Excellent management and organization skills which will be demonstrated through working on multiple projects and working to deadlines
- Communications experience in technology or enterprise technology companies is highly preferred
- Experience with content management systems and internal communications tools;
- Experience with company All Hands preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, including senior leaders
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.