Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving the legal challenges for a fast-growing company in the technology sector.
We are looking for an exceptional lawyer with a strong background and experience in corporate and securities matters. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will have a diverse range of responsibilities, primarily focused on capital markets and securities matters, as well as M&A and strategic partnerships. In addition, the Corporate Counsel will provide advice and assistance across a wide variety of critical legal and business matters both in the U.S. and abroad.
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral member of a small but growing legal team during an exciting time at the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Draft and review SEC filings (including ‘33 and ‘34 Act filings) and advise on other public disclosures and securities law compliance.
- Assist on a variety of corporate transactions, including M&A, strategic partnerships, and licensing arrangements.
- Support day-to-day legal operations, such as board and stockholder communications and other corporate governance matters, equity and stock plan administration, and contract management.
- Negotiate and draft commercial contracts and advise business units on a diverse range of legal issues.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to promote domestic and international strategic long-term projects and initiatives.
- Develop, implement and improve company and team processes and procedures.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- J.D. from a nationally-accredited law school and license to state bar.
- 2-4 years of experience as a corporate attorney working at a top-tier law firm with expertise in securities matters. IPO experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively across all levels of a fast-growing international organization.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.