About the opportunity
The Corporate Paralegal will be an important early member of the Contentful Legal Department. Reporting to the VP & Deputy General Counsel, Corporate, the Corporate Paralegal will work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, the Chief Legal Officer and other member of the Legal, People and Finance teams on matters related to corporate governance, Board of Directors meetings, legal entity management, compliance, corporate transactions, contract review, litigation support, and equity administration. This is an exciting time to join Contentful and its growing Legal team. The Corporate Paralegal will be excited about helping to build the foundation of a high-functioning and efficient global Legal team, including implementing new processes, templates, tools and systems.
What to expect?
- Assist the legal and finance groups on corporate transactions and governance documentation, including liaising with local counsel
- Assist attorneys with preparation of materials, logistics and minute book recordkeeping for all Board of Directors and Committee meetings
- Prepare statutory filings and coordinate with local counsel and finance group on various financial and legal reporting matters
- Assist with the filing of registrations and similar documents with the Secretary of State and other state and federal government agencies
- Establishing, and maintaining a worldwide legal entity management system
- Implement Board portal solution
- Uplevel legal operations processes for efficiency and scalability
- Work on other special projects, as directed by attorneys
What you need to be successful?
- At least 5 years aggregate experience working as a corporate paralegal preferably at both a global company and a larger law firm. Transactional experience, such as working on mergers, venture matters and/or public company reporting, is a plus
- Legal entity management experience in a global company with numerous international legal entities
- Experience with coordinating Board meetings, including preparing board materials (including drafting resolutions) and working with board portals
- Experience working in the compliance function a plus
- Proficiency in equity administration, legal entity management and related software (Equity Edge, Entity Management Systems) preferred
Identified Success Factors:
- Strong attention to detail, impeccable organizational skills and proven written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with global senior management and outside directors
- Customer service focus, flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints on multiple projects
- Ability to process confidential data and maintain complete discretion
- Must be self-motivated, responsive and enthusiastic, with the ability to work independently and as a team member
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time-off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Relocation budget to aid your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.