Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 300 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Corporate Paralegal you will be an important early member of the Contentful Legal Department. Reporting to the Corporate Counsel, the Corporate Paralegal will work closely with the Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Counsel on matters related to corporate governance, Board of Directors meetings, legal entity management, compliance, corporate transactions, contract review, litigation support, and equity administration. This is an exciting time to join Contentful and its growing Legal team. The Corporate Paralegal will be excited about helping to build the foundation of a high-functioning and efficient global Legal team, including implementing new processes, templates, tools and systems.
- Assist the legal and finance groups on corporate transactions and governance documentation, including liaising with local counsel
- Assist attorneys with preparation of materials, logistics and minute book recordkeeping for all Board of Directors and Committee meetings
- Prepare statutory filings and coordinate with local counsel and finance group on various financial and legal reporting matters
- Assist with the filing of registrations and similar documents with the Secretary of State and other state and federal government agencies
- Establishing, and maintaining a worldwide legal entity management system
- Implement Board portal solution
- Uplevel legal operations processes for efficiency and scalability
- Work on other special projects, as directed by attorneys
- At least 5 years aggregate experience working as a corporate paralegal preferably at both a global company and a larger law firm. Transactional experience, such as working on mergers, venture matters and/or public company reporting, is a plus
- Legal entity management experience in a global company with numerous international legal entities
- Experience with coordinating Board meetings, including preparing board materials (including drafting resolutions) and working with board portals
- Experience working in the compliance function a plus
- Proficiency in equity administration, legal entity management and related software (Equity Edge, Entity Management Systems) preferred
- Strong attention to detail, impeccable organizational skills and proven written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with global senior management and outside directors
- Customer service focus, flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints on multiple projects
- Ability to process confidential data and maintain complete discretion
- Must be self-motivated, responsive and enthusiastic, with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team.
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!