Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Customer Marketing Manager for Contentful, you will help to build and deliver a winning customer marketing program that builds on and showcases the successes of our customers to enhance our brand and competitiveness in the market, as well as the brands of our customers.
The successful candidate, working with the global customer marketing manager, will contribute to strategies, processes, and activities that drive value for our business and that of our customers, in the EMEA region and globally as needed. Outcomes for us includes a reliable, high-value supply of relevant customer stories, testimonials, speakers and narratives, for use in marketing, PR, and sales enablement. Partnering with marketing communications, customer success, sales and field marketing, you will work to transform valuable customer milestones and points of view into strong narratives and relationships, ultimately driving retention, advocacy, and growth.
- Deliver on Contentful’s customer marketing strategy cross-functionally throughout the business
- Continue to develop our scalable customer marketing program by packaging and aligning key resources across our customer success, sales and product organizations
- Create and manage a proactive pipeline of customer reference points and opportunities to leverage them: case studies, webinars, speaking events, sales presentations, analyst briefings and more
- Oversee the tactical and editorial process of case study creation, and ensure alignment of those case studies to Contentful’s value propositions
- Help to manage technology and systems to support the customer marketing program, including a customer reference library
- Help manage the delivery of a customer advocacy / reference / awards program
- Manage customer interactions, including customer events, customer advisory boards, user groups and executive roundtables
- Work with customer success, sales and marketing operations to manage a customer contact process and frequency to maximize participation with Contentful and to avoid the pitfalls of excessive or inappropriate communication
- 2 - 5 years previous B2B marketing experience with at least two years in a customer marketing role (preferably in SaaS or other high-growth technology company environment)
- Exceptional organizational influence skills
- Outstanding ability to empathize with customers, sales teams, executives and PR professionals
- Skill in narrative storytelling, writing and editing
- Thorough understanding of sales and customer success processes
- Previous brand, sales or PR experience is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of the German and/or French language is a plus
- Ability to travel within Europe is required; some trans-atlantic travel may occur
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Home office will be possible during certain periods
- Traveling and working between and from our Berlin and San Francisco offices will be possible depending on project involvement
- Hang out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team.
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!