Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
As a Data Analyst (f/m) you will help us deliver on our mandate of gathering good data and making it actionable. You will contribute to providing data informed insights to every team and department in the company, and will have a direct impact on the way we build and support our product.
- You will join our hybrid centralized/decentralized data team consisting of data analysts, data engineers, and business analysts
- You will deal with very diverse business data, tying together data from many business units
- You work with various teams on defining and enabling their data-assisted tactical workflows
- You collaborate with team and department leads on defining business goals and measuring them
- You perform self-driven quantitative analysis, distill recommendations, and contribute to decision making
- You model and develop datasets in our data warehouse and ETL pipelines
- You contribute to supporting and improving our data tooling and infrastructure
- You actively participate in improving our agile feedback loops and help nurture a healthy team environment
- You evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful
- You must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience working as a dedicated data analyst or data scientist
- You must be fluent in SQL (we’re currently using Redshift and Presto dialects)
- You can work with terrabytes of production data which need smart processing before analytics
- You have used modern BI tools (we’re currently using Redash and Looker)
- You have worked in agile, cross-functional teams consisting of data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- You have an understanding of data modeling patterns (state vs event-based, data warehousing) and data pipelining (dataflow, ETL, storage)
- You are familiar with programmatic data tools such as python/pandas or R/tidyverse (we’re using both)
- You have experience with source control (we’re using git), continuous integration and continuous deployment workflows
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!