Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating present and future growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. Data engineering can play a critical role in understanding how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers, thereby enabling our team to improve users' experience and accelerate their rate of success.
As one of the first data engineers at Airtable, you'll make an enormous contribution to our burgeoning data engineering efforts. You'll design and own mission-critical data pipelines to enable decision-making, partner with company leaders to create scalable data solutions and launch innovative alerting and visualization solutions.
What you'll do
- Work between our engineering organization and stakeholders from our data science, growth, sales, marketing, and product teams, to understand the data needs of the business and produce pipelines, data marts and other data solutions that enable better product and growth decision-making.
- Design and update our foundational business tables in order to simplify analysis across the entire company.
- Continue to improve the performance and reliability of our data-warehouse.
- Build and enforce a pattern language across our data stack, ensuring that our event taxonomy and tables are consistent, accurate, and well-understood.
Who you are
- You're passionate and thoughtful about building systems that enhance human understanding.
- You have professional experience designing, creating and maintaining scalable data pipelines.
- You've wrangled enough data to understand how often the complex systems that produce data can go wrong.
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language, and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done.
- You are highly effective with SQL and understand how to write and tune complex queries.
- You communicate with clarity and precision in written form; experience communicating with graphs and plots, or at least understanding how to enable other people to do this, is a big bonus.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development.
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym.
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we're back we'll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave.
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.