Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating present and future growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. Data engineering can play a critical role in understanding how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers, thereby enabling our team to improve users' experience and accelerate their rate of success.
As one of the first data engineers at Airtable, you'll make an enormous contribution to our burgeoning data engineering efforts. You'll design and own mission-critical data pipelines to enable decision-making, partner with company leaders to create scalable data solutions and launch innovative alerting and visualization solutions.
What you'll do
- Work between our engineering organization and stakeholders from our data science, growth, sales, marketing, and product teams, to understand the data needs of the business and produce pipelines, data marts and other data solutions that enable better product and growth decision-making.
- Design and update our foundational business tables in order to simplify analysis across the entire company.
- Continue to improve the performance and reliability of our data-warehouse.
- Build and enforce a pattern language across our data stack, ensuring that our event taxonomy and tables are consistent, accurate, and well-understood.
Who you are
- You're passionate and thoughtful about building systems that enhance human understanding.
- You have professional experience designing, creating and maintaining scalable data pipelines.
- You've wrangled enough data to understand how often the complex systems that produce data can go wrong.
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language, and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done.
- You are highly effective with SQL and understand how to write and tune complex queries.
- You communicate with clarity and precision in written form; experience communicating with graphs and plots, or at least understanding how to enable other people to do this, is a big bonus.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software. Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.