Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. As one of the founding members of the Data Science team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Airtable by deepening our understanding of how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers. You’ll work cross-functionally to identify and answer our most important questions, transforming raw data into understandable and actionable insights.
What you'll do
- Partner with product, marketing, and sales teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behavior and long-term trends.
- Take a leading role in producing new datasets that drive and influence product development.
- Manage the design and analysis of experiments; develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation throughout the entire company.
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Airtable through reproducible work, improved processes, and better tooling.
- Develop hypotheses and test them with data, rather than solely or primarily attempt to glean patterns from the data already in front of us
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPI’s, and dashboards.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years previous experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- You have the ability to translate raw data into meaningful business insights and be able to tell a story with data
- You have strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- You possess a natural curiosity and strive to uncover the deeper relationships that are not always immediately discoverable.
- You have experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries for large data sets and are familiar with a scientific programming language, such as R or Python.
- You are an excellent storyteller and able to communicate your findings with clarity and precision, whether through writing or visualizations.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.