About the opportunity
Contentful seeks a sophisticated and business-savvy attorney to join our legal team as Deputy General Counsel, Corporate. Reporting to Contentful’s Chief Legal Officer, you and your team will have responsibility for general corporate matters, M&A, securities, stock administration, board and shareholder matters, compliance, international expansion, and employment law matters. This is a global position and will contribute directly to the success of the company.
What to expect?
- Architect, build, manage, and scale the corporate legal function
- Act as a thought partner to the CLO, the senior management team, and key stakeholders, providing valuable and timely insights and solutions
- Hire and develop a high-performing team to meet increasing needs and requirements as we continue to grow and mature towards public company readiness
- Establish a foundation with appropriate policies, processes, and systems that enable the function to grow/scale effectively (organically, through M&A, or IPO)
- Play key role in developing and executing the project plan to ensure public company readiness in the timeframe set
- Develop and drive the adoption of a corporate compliance program across the company and in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Lead and manage engagements with outside counsel
What you need to be successful?
We are looking for a diverse set of candidates who:
- Build strong relationships of trust and influence with stakeholders around the company
- Work to have a deep understanding of the perspective of clients and customers when finding solutions
- Can point to a track record of building strong successful teams and developing talent;
- Demonstrate high personal standards of excellence and ethics
- Act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity towards issues and individuals
- Inspire confidence, create trust, and motivate others
- J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in California (registered in house counsel is acceptable)
- 12+ years of relevant experience at law firm and in-house at a public company
- Unquestioned integrity and good judgement
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time-off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Relocation budget to aid your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.