At Astronomer, you will:
- Become a global subject matter expert on Apache Airflow
- Be the most knowledgeable user of our product and the BEST possible person to answer questions about Astronomer’s capabilities
- Spend most of your time corresponding with both prospects and customers answering technical questions around Apache Airflow and Astronomer’s product offerings (think: in Slack channels, via Zendesk, email, and our community forum)
- Assume a critical role in defining our support team’s best practices, standards and guiding processes
- Contribute to written product guidelines, documentation and generate publishable FAQs for basic to advanced use cases of the Astronomer platform
- Work cross-functionally to identify missing capabilities in our product. You’ll have a voice in conversations around customer adoption and will work across teams to help make Astronomer as easy and seamless to adopt/use at scale
- Participate in on-call rotation to meet our SLAs
- Follow procedure when an issue, incident or question needs to be escalated. You’ll work closely with our engineering team to problem-solve/debug and take lead on communicating status and ongoing work with the customer
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) during product releases and communicate bugs to the engineering team
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Stats, Math or have equivalent technical experience
- You have at least 1 year experience with Apache Airflow
- You’re have expertise in Python, SQL, Linux, and modern web technologies
- You understand the critical role that data processing and data engineering play in both growing tech companies and older enterprises
- You’re a strong verbal and written communicator. You have a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts into digestible tid-bits and are equally comfortable getting into the weeds of a technical roadblock, error message, or solution.
- You’re a problem-solver by nature and an entrepreneur at heart. You’re comfortable navigating ambiguous, fast-paced environments and are excited at the thought of conquering a daily puzzle.
- You’re excited to be a part of and contribute to the open-source community.
- You have a strong sense of empathy, lean towards giving those around you the benefit of the doubt, and are comfortable asking for help.
- You like to learn new things
- You’re kind, humble and intrinsically motivated
Bonus Points if you're familiar with:
- ETL or ELT technologies (AWS Pipelining, Stitch, FiveTran, etc.)
- Data analytics
- Cloud Networking (AWS/GCP/Azure)