Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Contentful Developer Evangelist, you will establish strong relationships with developers to inspire and empower them to deliver content to any website, app or device.
You’ll be an advocate for Contentful in European and worldwide Developer Communities, both online (on GitHub, Twitter and the Contentful blog) and in-person (at user groups, conferences and other events)
- Building a sense of community and belonging. You’re approachable and enjoy supporting our developers wherever they are.
- Helping to build Contentful as a technical thought leader
- Identifying partnership opportunities to grow our developer community
- Understanding the user pain and taking proactive action to help our developers become successful with Contentful
- Creating content that helps, informs and delights our users, such as tutorials, sample apps and webinars
- Working together with a team of Evangelists spanning Europe and North America
- You’re an active member of the developer community
- You gained experience in public speaking and participated in meetups and/or conferences in the past
- You love teaching people about best-practices and new technologies, whether in-person, by writing tutorials or by recording a video
- You managed the delivery of entire projects or are interested in doing so in the future
- Happy to travel regularly and able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support user groups, conferences, and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You are passionate: You embrace online collaboration and ensure both your peers and your users are successful.
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written (German is not required)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team.
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!