Astronomer is a rapidly growing startup with the mission to build the next generation of data orchestration. We run the world’s most successful Apache Airflow as-a-service offering (Astronomer Cloud), and offer enterprises licensing to run our PaaS on their Kubernetes clusters (Astronomer Enterprise).
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team to focus on Continuous Integration, Release Management, and incorporating test automation frameworks and also provide support to the QA team by creating the environments required for them to test.
Our team is collaborative; we work closely with the development and infrastructure teams to deliver the best results. We think critically and strive to balance the best solution with the need to get things done for each engineering challenge we face.
- Deploy, maintain & automate CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Build & Deploy the Astronomer application on multiple Cloud Environments for QA team based on their needs
- Take ownership of releasing new versions of Astronomer’s distribution of Airflow. This includes creating dev builds, helping the QA team in testing and finally publishing the artifacts.
- Build Automated Pipelines by integrating QA frameworks
- Help the QA team to troubleshoot the cloud environments
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Research and Build new Infrastructure environments like Tanzu, OpenShift, etc.
- Ability to think outside the box to deliver optimized solutions
- 2+ years of experience using Python and Bash
- 2+ years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer
- Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (CircleCI, Github Actions, Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- 2+ years of experience with Advanced Operations in Git
- Operational experience in deploying and managing one or more components like Load Balancers, MySQL, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Grafana etc.
- 2+ years of Experience working with one or more cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, Azure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a remote-first company and this position can be located anywhere in the US.