Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management system. Okta Access Gateway team is looking for an SRE who is passionate about security, availability and scale to join our newly forming team.
Okta Access Gateway solves the hybrid IT access problem for enterprises, connecting on-premises applications shipped from enterprise software vendors along with custom-built, on-premises applications to the Okta Identity Cloud. Okta Access Gateway is a proxy that can be deployed in a customer’s datacenter or on top of IDaaS providers. Okta Access Gateway provides all the same authentication techniques, risk profiles, conditional access policies that can be applied to SaaS applications to on-premises applications from vendors such as Oracle, IBM, SAP and Microsoft.
The ideal candidate is an experienced infrastructure generalist, who excels at understanding complex problems and working with the systems, teams and tools needed to automate everything and deliver a great experience to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, Update and Install software components and packages using Yum on virtualized and/or bare-metal systems running CentOS/RHEL
- Scripting, building automation tools and frameworks for internal use to support continuous integration and delivery
- Partner with Development, QA and OPS to continuously innovate and enhance our build and automation infrastructure
- Improve and maintain Access Gateway Support VPN server and infrastructure
- Build alerting, monitoring and reporting tools and frameworks to pro-actively identify potential problems affecting customer environments
- Collect and analyze application, system and Network level logs to debug and troubleshoot issues
- Automate AWS infrastructure with Terraform and/or other infrastructure management and automation tools to deploy new versions of software components
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of operations experience configuring, deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting applications and infrastructure in the cloud and on premise hybrid environments
- Strong coding and scripting skills with one or more of bash/python/php. Experience with git
- In-depth understanding and experience with Ant, Jenkins, and Maven
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines, and related technologies to implement release pipelines
- Solid understanding of HTTP, Load Balancing, DNS and other networking protocols
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills coupled with a desire to take on ownership and responsibility
- Experience with Nginx, Httpd, Apache Tomcat and other Application Servers
- Experience working with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar automation tools
- Experience working with comprehensive monitoring / alerting infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work weekends and/or holidays as required by the business or emergency escalations
- Linux certifications such as Linux+, RHCSA/RHCE/RHCA or similar
- Experience working in a security-oriented cloud environment
- Experience debugging software using gdb, strace, ltrace, tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience working with Docker orchestration and management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.