GitLab is looking for a highly motivated, sales-focused field marketing leader to support our Sales Teams globally. The Director of Global Field Marketing is responsible for building and leading a global team of field marketers aligned to our regional sales directors.
A qualified Director of Field Marketing has a strong understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. They enjoy working with sales to understand the needs of the sales teams, and meeting those needs through effective partnership, strategy, and execution. This role will report to the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing as we align the Sales Development, Account Based Marketing, Field Marketing and Digital Marketing teams.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Lead the building and execution of integrated country-specific marketing plans with programs aligned to regional sales priorities and revenue targets, including but not limited to field events, trade shows, partner programs, demand generation campaigns, and executive programs.
- Meet or exceed our annual plan to grow demand for each of our sales teams.
- Work cross-functionally to oversee the timely execution of the field-marketing plan
- Help global marketing functions refine their strategy based on regional feedback.
- Partner with sales and SDR leadership on territory planning.
- Aid in executing effective account-based marketing practices worldwide.
- Set the standard to ensure effective collaboration across marketing and sales roles for regional campaign execution, and document those standards in our handbook.
- Ensure key regions have agency support for translating and regionalizing corporate marketing content.
- Manage field marketing budget and hiring plan.
- Be an advocate for the sales department and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales department understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Understand the market trends in the region and work with regional Field marketing leads to customize programs as needed
- Attract, lead, and develop direct reports and grow organizational competencies.
- Attract, develop and promote results-oriented skill sets and leadership that match with specific company and/or marketing function needs. Actively coach and mentor talent by creating opportunities for challenge and skill advancement, with appropriate reward and recognition. Measure direct report performance and provide feedback.
You should apply if you have:
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- 9+ years preferred in a marketing demand generation role at a global B2B company, B2B Enterprise Software Experience.
- Global and regional experience managing regional Field marketing leaders in AMER, EMEA and APAC a plus.
- People management experience, preferably a manager of managers
- Experience in an open source or open core model.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success launching and managing global Field marketing strategies with clear ROI-focused metrics
- An ability to be extremely detail-oriented and organized while meeting deadlines.
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values.
- A strong understanding of marketing to financial services / fintech, federal agencies, healthcare, automotive, tech, and energy industry verticals.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
Our hiring process for this position can be found in our handbook. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page. Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply! We value diverse experience, so go for it and submit an application if GitLab sounds like a place you’d like to join.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in more than 63 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we all get together at our Contribute event.