Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Director of Internal Audit will lead the company-wide SOX implementation initiative as well as further build out a world-class internal audit department. Partnering with DO teams to help mature and establish the company’s control environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has relevant prior technical and industry experience and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports the Audit Committee Chair and the CFO. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have an impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the team collaborating with the company to build the internal control environment and prepare the company for SOX compliance
- Own all aspects of planning and coordinating SOX and internal audit of controls and procedures, investigations, risk assessment, and development of internal audit program.
- Collaborate and train business partners on control implementation, execution, and maintenance of the control environment
- Partner with the Business Systems team to provide integrated IA reviews of the systems implemented
- Build working relationships with process owners and key stakeholders in various departments, to increase awareness of the importance of mitigating risks and implementing controls, and the role of Internal Audit
- Report to the Audit Committee regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of the audit plan, and any other matters of discussion
- Work closely and lead discussions with external auditors and regulators to ensure work performed internally can be leveraged
- Develop and manage a formal Internal Audit function to evaluate accounting, financial and operational activities that align with the company’s strategic business objectives
- Drive Internal Audit's risk assessment and planning process; develop a risk-based internal audit plan that addresses operational, compliance, and financial risks, while considering emerging risks and changes to the business
- Ad-hoc audits, fraud investigations, process improvement initiatives, and other projects as requested
- Provide mentoring and career development to the IA team
What We’ll Expect From You:
- 15 years or more of relevant experience – experience in public accounting (Big 4) preferred
- Bonus: Experience with working with High Growth or Technology companies, and/or companies that have recently IPO’ed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
- Experience working with engineering teams in a continuous delivery environment and experience auditing SaaS systems
- Experience with software such as MS Word, MS Excel skills, Alteryx (or other data and analytics tools), PowerPoint, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Slack, and Visio or Lucid Charts. Bonus: Experience with RPA, NetSuite, Coupa, BlackLine, Concur, Fastpath or AuditBoard
- Ability to influence without authority and to work independently
- Strong leadership and employee management and development skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!