Okta is seeking an experienced Director of Media and Advertising to lead our brand, engagement and performance advertising team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about taking Okta’s brand narrative and turning it into innovative, compelling and impactful campaigns. This leadership role is critical as we build new awareness advertising programs and also scale our campaigns globally to cover more solutions and target personas. You will be responsible for leading a world-class advertising team, while driving performance for both top of funnel awareness, account engagement and pipeline.
The ideal candidate is a proven and trusted leader with deep experience managing a B2B global media and advertising function. This person loves mentoring and developing team members, fosters collaboration, and thrives in fast-paced environments. They are proven in their ability to both build strategic plans and roll up their sleeves to get work done.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Own digital and non-digital media strategy, buying, execution, optimization and measurement for global brand and performance advertising programs.
- Build strategy for, and oversee innovative brand awareness campaigns. Get more people to know the Okta story through creative, new messaging and media execution.
- Lead and develop team of advertising and media professionals, nurturing the next generation of leaders at Okta.
- Oversee annual integrated advertising campaigns tied to go-to-market themes. Partner with Product Marketing, Demand Gen, Regional Marketing, Brand teams and other cross-functional stakeholders to define and deliver campaigns. Guide content and creative direction, concept testing, media strategy and ongoing optimization. Ensure successful partnership with Demand and Regional Campaigns teams.
- Oversee testing, optimization and personalization strategy, processes, and reporting.
- Be accountable for marketing KPIs for awareness, contact acquisition, account engagement, and pipeline metrics.
- Lead both short-term and long-term ad tech strategy to measure creative and channel performance, top of funnel and down funnel impact.
- Drive operational excellence across all cross-functional processes, internal communications, ongoing reporting and adherence to appropriate privacy regulations.
- Select, on-board, and partner with best-in-class external agencies to complement internal campaign creation and execution.
- Partner with internal brand and content teams, and external brand agencies to build impactful copy and creative, and ensure that all content adheres to brand standards.
- 10+ years working in advertising, media and digital marketing. Expertise of the major technology-driven changes and trends affecting the media and advertising industries.
- B2B SaaS / enterprise technology experience preferred
- Proven experience building, managing, and coaching a growing team, with a focus on continuous learning.
- Experience leading strategic business initiatives, excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills. Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with business judgment.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present to and influence executive leadership to build consensus and drive initiatives.
- Strong ability to prioritize; you’ll manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities within the organization.
- Proven experience managing a team to KPIs; you’ll be on the hook for both awareness and pipeline numbers.
- Familiarity with digital marketing technology, including a strong understanding of advertising platforms and technology, analytics tools, and testing tools. (Google Campaign Manager, Analytics 360, Adobe, Marketo, Salesforce, Optimizely, VWO.)
- Experienced in planning, executing, and optimizing a global paid media and advertising program across multiple regions, languages, and publishers.
- BA/BS degree with top-tier academic background; MBA or graduate degree a plus
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.