Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. More than 2,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.
Okta is seeking a Director of Engineering to help us take our product offerings and integrations to the next level. You will have an unique opportunity to help define and build the next generation of capabilities to expand our breadth and depth in enabling our customers and partners to integrate and leverage our platform to create innovative solutions for both platform and application use cases. You'll partner with the Product Team and Business Development to build a compelling product vision and introduce critical new capabilities to drive adoption and ubiquity of our platform and enrich our ecosystem. If you are someone with a passion and a track record in leading engineering teams in building engaging products, who is technical and business savvy with the willingness to work collaboratively with stakeholders in adjacent products and organizations, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering Architects to drive product and technology roadmaps. Have the ability to help teams reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements and priorities to arrive at a strategy that will move the needle for the Business
- Drive the product release strategy and planning. Set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology
- Establish strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships with engineering leadership and field teams
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the Engineering teams as well as cross functional teams
- Lead, recruit, and mentor engineers and engineering managers
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, and Technical Operations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 12+ years of experience of building large-scale products
- Proven ability to lead high-performing Engineering teams to deliver technical product releases from launch to scale. Drive continuous product improvement; Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely product releases
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders across organizations
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges with constant evaluation to foster innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Experience in building, working with, and understanding scalable hosted infrastructure. Capacity to be hands-on and highly technical
- Skills in managing multiple teams, with a capacity to manage a geographically diverse team
- Strong knowledge of devops and cloud infrastructure services (AWS preferred)
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
- Experience with identity, provisioning, or single sign on a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.