Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with vibrant offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
As our Director of Financial Planning & Analysis you will report directly to the CFO and be responsible for leading a team of highly driven and curious analysts and help us turn data into action. Furthermore, some exciting projects await as you will drive and shape the future of our organization-wide financial planning process, implement systems and processes to support democratizing data and help improve our KPI framework that supports our exceptional growth.
- Lead our long-term planning, annual budgeting, monthly financial forecasting, and investor/board reporting — for operational KPIs as well as for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Develop, improve and manage financial models and participate in making enhancements in bookings and revenue forecasting, cash forecasting (both A/R and A/P), and expense forecasting
- Provide deep insights into key SaaS metrics; be a trusted advisor to the CFO and the entire senior management team; proactively collaborate, influence, and align the company’s planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy.
- Take a leadership role to track, analyze and benchmark business metrics; identify areas for improvement, inefficiencies and success, and create/execute solutions
- Lead the implementation of a planning tool that integrates well with Netsuite (e.g. Adaptive Insights)
- Partner with budget owners across the company to recap budget vs. actuals and provide functional specific reporting
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analysis for cross-functional departments and management as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 10+ years of FP&A experience, with at least 3 years running Corporate FP&A
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Netsuite and Adaptive or Anaplan Experience is a plus
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Prior experience in a high tech/software/SaaS
- You are outgoing, helpful and embrace the value of teamwork
- You are a strong communicator, experienced leader and are not afraid to be hands-on when help in other areas is needed
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Build out the financial plans and help shape the strategic decisions to be made in one of the fastest growing European SAAS companies
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!