We are looking for a smart, talented, and experienced product marketing professional to lead the PMM team for the leading data driven product management company. Do you love working with product and sales leaders? Does creating killer product positioning and go to market strategy energize you? Are you constantly looking for ways to create content and present information in new and impactful ways? Is working with demand gen teams to create pipe and drive the bottom line your jam? Love collaborating with some of the most dynamic and hard working team in the industry?
At Heap, this means you will:
- Work with global, cross-functional departments, including product management, sales, sales engineering, corporate marketing and professional services to synthesize effective positioning and messaging that drives sales of our products through all channels
- Position Heap as the leader in data driven product management.
- Manage a team of PMM’s including designing relevant responsibilities for each of them, developing them, and coaching them.
- Define ideal customer profiles, target personas and value propositions for relevant market segments
- Product messaging responsibilities include creating product collateral, website content, advertising, data sheets, case studies, white papers and presentations
- Conduct market research to better understand market needs, test future concepts, determine commercial viability of new offerings
- Help drive the strategy and planning efforts to drive the product roadmap, increase awareness and accelerate customer demand among Mid Market enterprises
- Go-to-market planning and execution responsibilities include developing channel and direct sales tools, support training and enablement; pricing; and marketing campaign and event support
- Partner with product management and corporate marketing to plan and execute product launches
- Collaborate with Corporate marketing to align company thought leadership and key value drivers in positioning
- Create customer facing presentations and content for direct sales team to use with customers
- Work directly with sales enablement to ensure positioning and messaging concepts are integrated into training and certification programs
- Work with sales leadership to co-create and empower direct sales to sell value and win new business deals often
- Work with customer success to ensure consistent messaging, pricing, and positioning throughout the post sales journey.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with determining product-market fit and delivering products to market
- Innovative, creative, execution oriented individual
- Leadership, proven ability to excite and lead a product marketing team
- Equivalent of 8+ years of product marketing or similar experience
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and translating market needs into product requirements, ability to manifest the product vision/direction in via compelling positioning and messaging
- Proven experience launching new products and growing them into a mature business
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in business discussions
- Strong ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives
- Presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience leading or working on a product team
- Experience in analytics or BI
- Having lead or been through scaling a PMM team through $25-100+MM growth
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!