Okta’s rapid growth and product innovation have contributed to our leadership position in the market for identity and access management. Today we sell our broad portfolio of solutions to the largest companies in the world. Okta Platform Services is the foundational layer that powers the breadth of our product lines and enables customers and partners to build on and customize Okta. We are looking for a product marketing leader who can go beyond point products to drive Okta Platform Services as the foundation of the leading identity platform in the world.
The Director, Platform Product Marketing will build and lead a team that makes the world aware of Okta as a platform, drives go-to-market initiatives and partners with the product team to evolve the Okta platform. This role is highly strategic and cross-functional, focusing on bringing Okta Platform Services to market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a team of high impact product marketing and technical marketing managers.
- Lead the go-to-market strategy and plan for Okta Platform Services, setting cross-functional goals, measuring performance, and reporting back to senior leadership.
- Be a subject matter expert for Okta Platform Services. This includes understanding how Okta built and developed these foundational technologies, and how the platform is architected to provide customers customization and extensibility.
- Establish overall messaging and positioning of Okta Platform Services, and lead development of high quality content.
- Partner with the enablement team to ensure that every member of sales and customer success teams can communicate the “why,” “how” and “what” of Okta Platform Services.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the identity and access management technology landscape.
- Work alongside other product team leaders to understand the identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations, and how Okta Platform Services helps solve those problems.
- Provide “in deal” support to sales and sales engineering teams to help solve customer problems with the broader Okta solutions set.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of technical / product marketing, product management, or sales engineering experience for an enterprise IaaS or SaaS company or developer platform.
- 3+ years of experience managing a product marketing team
- Proven track record of leading teams to build and execute on go-to-market plans for technical products to large enterprises.
- Excellent presentation skills, having excelled at presenting to senior technology leaders (i.e. CIOs, CTOs, CISOs) within enterprises.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the build out of an array of content for technical and business decision makers, sales enablement training and tools.
- Project management skills - can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field. MBA a plus.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer