About the Opportunity
What do you think of when you hear the words “attract, develop, and retain”? What if we told you our Company Big Rocks #1, as a company-wide and all-employees goal, was to ensure we create a “world-class” process centered around attracting, developing, and retaining talent? Join us and play a pivotal role in our growth!
We are seeking a talented Director of Recruiting to lead a passionate team of in-house recruitment professionals in Berlin. In this role, you will be challenged to meet hyper-growth hiring goals whilst building a scalable and effective recruiting function. We need someone “who has been there and done that”, bringing a passion for sourcing hidden talent and increasing the performance of our workforce and recruitment function. Communication is key with this role, as you will need to work hand-in-hand with global partners, executive stakeholders, and business groups.
We’ve doubled our headcount in the past 18 months and looking to do the same in the next 18 months. We’re looking for a leader with a growth mindset who can help us scale our hiring in EMEA while putting our candidate experience first.
What to expect?
- Lead, mentor, and coach an amazing talent acquisition team of 10+ (and growing!).
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with your stakeholders. Provide expert guidance, facilitation, and collaboration for all hiring leaders to recruit, identify and select highly skilled best-in-class candidates.
- Manage key recruiting metrics. Present data-driven status updates and makes recommendations that optimize our recruitment processes.
- Manage and strategize headcount planning, top-of-funnel strategies, process improvement, and expectations around time-to-fill and time-to-hire with your recruitment team and your stakeholders.
- Build and provide predictive team allocation models to ensure we have the right resources in place to support our growth.
- Flex multiple channels to bring our Employer Brand to life.
- Utilize our salary and equity data to ensure thoughtful, competitive offers are presented
- Recruit for diversity. Use and share best practices learned to attract, and hire a diverse workforce.
- Get creative to build talent communities that are motivated to join our journey.
- Ensure recruiting success and high candidate traffic through all channels: employee referrals, applicants/active and passive/sourced candidates.
- As one of the Senior People Team leaders in EMEA, bring leadership, confidence, and experience to be the go-to for all things recruiting in EMEA.
What you need to be successful
- 8+ years of experience within an internal recruitment function.
- 5+ years experience managing a team of in-house Recruiters.
- A ‘get stuff done’ attitude
- Proven ability to attract and hire talent across Product and Engineering, with experience in GTM and G&A as well.
- Proven success scaling an organization
- Proven ability to create/evolve an ideal candidate experience with a design thinking approach.
- Strong analytical skills. You use data to influence and improve the recruitment process.
- A passion for improving the employee value proposition, with a creative eye for brand engagement that attracts top talent.
- Experience recruiting and building talent pools for diverse profiles.
- High-proficiency in all best-of-breed recruiting platforms and tools: LinkedIn Recruiter, Glassdoor, ATS (Greenhouse is a bonus), G-Suite, Slack, and more.
What’s in it for you?- EMEA
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!