About the opportunity
Contentful is looking to hire a Director of Treasury to create a function from scratch. This role will be responsible for all aspects of cash, short term finance and liquidity management for the global organization. This is a new role and hence gives the opportunity to come in early and create the function to cover all the cash management and forecasting needs of a rapidly growing international group.
What to expect?
- Design, create and take full ownership for the group treasury function.
- Manage all group banking relationships and facilities, including opening new bank accounts (in new countries where relevant), building new relationships, payments, covenants, mandates and closing when required.
- Design and maintain adequate financial controls and processes with regards cash disbursements, systems, access rights and signatories and other areas to ensure alignment with best in breed practices.
- Own all treasury related company policies and their review/approval including: cash management policy; foreign exchange risk management policy; and investment policy
- Partner with the senior finance leadership team to perform strategic planning as it relates to Contentful’s financial resources including short term cash forecasting and scenario planning.
- Oversee world-wide banking operations to ensure adequate funding, local compliance and SOX compliance.
- Perform foreign currency risk management activities including, exposure assessment, selection of instruments to hedge risk, reporting and compliance of such instruments
- Review and approve financial statement disclosures related to the treasury function
What you need to be successful?
- 7-10 years of experience in finance and treasury, with a minimum of 4 years in a corporate treasury.
- Enthusiastic individual that is keen to learn, get involved and develop a new function within the group.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a willingness to own and lead projects through to completion
- Process orientated with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization, and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, an attitude of starting with the customer and working backwards, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization through a growth mindset
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.