About the opportunity
We are looking for an EMEA Partner Marketing Manager to help execute and expand our partner marketing programs. Reporting to the Head of Global Partner Marketing, you will be responsible for building and growing our partnerships with key digital agencies, systems integrators (SIs), and technology providers in the EMEA region primarily and globally as needed. This role requires a “jack-of-all-trades” mentality that is proactive, can create their own solutions when needed, and can work across departments and timezones.
Serving as a key player in our partnership organization, you will play a critical role in expanding Contentful’s market reach. Forrester summed up the opportunity in their recent report, Digital Experience Platform Trends, 2017: “More than nine in ten companies use a service provider to help them build a digital experience.” We need to be involved in those projects. And it’s already happening -- digital teams at companies like RG/A and AKQA are adopting Contentful as a standard layer in their go-to-market tech stack for client engagements. Now is the time to step on the gas pedal and make them wildly successful.
What to expect?
- Plan, contribute to, and execute joint marketing activities with Contentful’s Solutions Partners
- Focus on 3 key areas:
- Market to partners to maintain a consistent flow of inbound partner interest through project-managing webinars, email campaigns, and content initiatives
- Market through partners in order to help our partners bring leads to Contentful by building scalable marketing kits, sponsoring field marketing events, etc.
- Market for our partners to our customer ecosystem through project-managing webinars, email campaigns, and content initiatives
- Be measured on contribution to the lead generation pipeline to/through/for partners (3 key areas above)
- Work with Partner Managers to agree to quarterly co-marketing plans that reach the partner’s customer base, leverages their brand and sales channels
- Drive and manage co-marketing initiatives with partners
- Promote Contentful to partners and potential partners
- Monitor performance against plan and take best actions to address shortfalls and other issues
What you need to be successful?
- Direct experience building and managing partner marketing programs, or experience working alongside Partnership teams in related roles: marketing campaign manager, field marketing, partner development (sales/bizdev), etc.
- A successful track record of developing partner lead pipeline through webinars, email campaigns, events, and other creative programs
- Experience working for a fast-growing B2B software company, where partner sales was done in conjunction with an enterprise sales team
- Highly organized individual with a proven attention to complex program details
- A self-starter who has a strong work ethic and can manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Bonus: Experience working for an API-first, developer-focused company (marketing to developers and technical teams requires its own special finesse)
- A team player, and know how to get multiple departments to play well together towards the same end goal
- Decisive and autonomous; with a globally-distributed team, sometimes you just need to make the call and go for it, when you can’t wait for the sun to rise for other stakeholders
- A passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with taking risks (and learning from failure)
- An entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help, build, launch -- and market -- minimum viable products (it’s a startup after all!)
- A generally curious person and you love to listen and learn
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.