Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an engineering manager at Contentful, you are responsible for advancing and maintaining healthy engineering teams, ensuring that we’re building a great product for our customers. Here is what you will do:
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high-quality applications and services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and match them with projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- With your team, develop technical and product roadmaps then identify, plan, and deliver against those roadmaps
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful. Encourage, empower, and celebrate
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with the Contentful recruiting team to hire high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds
- You are already managing engineers and/or you’re ready to make the jump into full-time management
- Very familiar with principles of APIs, stateful Web (Single Page) Applications, developer platforms (Github, Heroku), and latest platform trends like containers and serverless architectures
- Experience with continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product, business
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- In-depth, proven software engineering background that allows you to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
THE GOOD STUFF
- Work with an experienced engineering management team
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!