The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Technology Engineer to join our team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Process Improvement Programs. As the ERP Technology Engineer, you will build and iterate systems that contribute to the effectiveness of our business workflows. You will develop and maintain integrated ERP systems, and drive enhancements, and reconfigurations to deliver business process improvements. The primary ERP systems include: COUPA Procurement, Coupa Expense Management, Coupa Contracts Lifecycle Management, Sage Intacct, Workday Adaptive Planning, Namely HRIS + others.
Technical and Business Support for Projects
- You will partner with the Senior Business Analyst and operational leaders to drive ERP improvements, reconfigurations, and new ERP modules to drive business process improvement.
- You will participate in projects and lead on implementing, designing, configuring, testing and iterating ERP systems that support cross-functional work and an ecosystem approach to collaboration. On some projects, you will be completing the technical configuration and implementation yourself, on others you will be coordinating with outside technical partners.
- You will evaluate business and system processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- You will communicate configuration options and technical limitations effectively to non-technical audiences, thinking creatively to identify technical solutions to business problems.
- You will ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements, and monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects.
System Enhancement + Improvements
- You will develop system enhancements to increase productivity and improve strategy.
- Develop and maintain a database processing environment.
- You will support data model design, configuration, and setup as part of the ERP requirements.
- You will lead software implementation, on-going applications maintenance and upgrades.
- You will partner with vendors regarding product roadmap, enhancement suggestions and support cases.
- You will assist with the finalization of ERP Implementations and any future platform installations, upgrades and migrations.
System Management + Integration
- You will manage system integration and data flows between our ERP systems, resolving services requests, and coording with outside technical partners as needed.
- You will need to become highly proficient with using our ERP systems.
- You will proactively address daily operational ERP concerns, issues or errors.
- You will ensure system reliability and performance.
- You will coordinate new release software testing, and deployment to end users while ensuring operational stability.
- You will work with ITS to support full systems integration when required.
- You will work with ERP vendor support to escalate and resolve service requests.
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s ERP systems.
- Perform backup and recovery processes.
User Support + Capacity Building
- You will plan and facilitate training for new and existing ERP functional leads.
- You will provide continuing education on technical and functional ERP processes and inner workings to organizational leaders.
- You will provide Tier 2-3 support to functional leads and end users by responding promptly to ERP inquiries and issues.
- You will help with day-to-day troubleshooting tasks needed to assist business users with our ERP system.
- You will manage incoming support issues via email and/or an online ticketing system
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s + 8 yrs related work experience; or Master’s + 6 years related experience; or equivalent work experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar.
- 5+ years of hands-on ERP systems experience in Finance, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing applications for a company environment or equivalently sized organization.
- Prior software applications testing.
- Proven track record of analyzing complex processes and driving execution of improvements.
- Demonstrated successful transition and implementation of workflows and policies.
- Proven experience scaling systems to improve service and support delivery for end-users distributed worldwide.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and orally.
- Previous customer support experience in a Software Support/Application Support environment.
- Ability to manage large volumes of requests.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to an ever-changing environment while providing top level attention to detail, and ensuring work is complete.
- Strong time management skills by planning and prioritizing work to accomplish all tasks.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative by identifying needs and taking action prior to being asked.
Qualities that are important to us:
- You enjoy collaborating with a range of stakeholders, and you value knowledge sharing, and collaboration.
- You can communicate complex technical concepts in simple ways, tailored to each audience, to ensure everyone can engage, contribute and successfully adopt new tools and systems.
- You love solving problems, and understand the connections between micro decisions and the macro systems.
- You believe in the mission of the Foundation and are excited to refine tools, systems, ways of working to support that mission.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- You thrive in a results oriented culture that favors collaborative decision making.
- You are a proactive problem solver and a self-starting individual.
- You are a flexible and creative individual capable of managing multiple priorities and projects in a diverse environment.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience as administrator or architect of Coupa Procurement, Coupa Contract Lifecycle Management, and/or Coupa Expense Management preferred.
- Experience as administrator or architect Sage Intacct, Workday Adaptive Planning, or Namely HRIS.
- Finance Analyst or Finance business intelligence and reporting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP.
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements.
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 22 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO to ensure alignment with local labor laws.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack