Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
Contentful’s Solution Engineers explain the benefits of our platform and approach regarding content management to developers, product managers, and C-level executives.
Our Solution Engineers are close partners of our sales team and own key components of the sales process including infrastructural/architectural discovery, collaborative solution design, and technical validation. Solution Engineers may travel up to 25% of the time and will have the opportunity to work with teams around the world, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies.
In collaboration with our Solution Architects, Solution Engineers at Contentful also play a critical role after the conclusion of a sales contract by continuing to advise and assist the customers’ developers and implementation teams in conjunction with the efforts of our Customer Success Management team. We believe that continuity in our customer relationships helps us understand and ensure achievement of the customers' goals.
- Support our sales team in helping prospects understand what’s possible with Contentful and how it compares to older legacy technologies
- Understand prospects' project requirements, help prospects validate these requirements against our platform, identify and mitigate technical and business risks
- Create product demonstrations and assist with technical evaluations to demonstrate how our platform solves identified business problems and integrates into a prospect’s technology stack
- Communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
- 1-3 years experience as a Sales/Solution Engineer/Architect or Solution Consultant for a cloud-based, growth-oriented PaaS or SaaS company
- Confidence conveying technical and business knowledge to a mixed audience of experienced business and technical stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Recent professional web development experience is preferred
- Recent experience in the CMS space is preferred
- German and English fluency
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!