About the opportunity
Our Solution Engineers are close partners of our sales team and own key components of the sales process including infrastructural/architectural discovery, collaborative solution design, and technical validation. Solution Engineers may travel up to 25% of the time and will have the opportunity to work with teams around the world, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies.
What to expect?
- Work directly with our Account Executives to support DACH customers
- Support our sales team in helping prospects understand what’s possible with Contentful and how it compares to older legacy technologies
- Understand prospects' project requirements, help prospects validate these requirements against our platform, identify and mitigate technical and business risks
- Create product demonstrations and assist with technical evaluations to demonstrate how our platform solves identified business problems and integrates into a prospect’s technology stack
- Communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
What you need to be successful
- 1-3 years experience as a Sales/Solution Engineer/Architect or Solution Consultant for a cloud-based, growth-oriented PaaS or SaaS company
- Confidence conveying technical and business knowledge to a mixed audience of experienced business and technical stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Recent professional web development experience is preferred
- Recent experience in the CMS space is preferred
- Proven written and verbal communication in both German and English
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- [Take a break and show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine or play with one of our pups. We’re a dog-friendly office!]
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.