At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins and EQT Ventures, as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
We are seeking an events marketer to help scale our global events strategy. In this role you will be an integral part of the fast-paced marketing team, project-managing virtual events, industry sponsorships and community initiatives for a large global audience of developers and technologists. You’ll be joining a company where events are central to our mission. You’ll have a unique opportunity to make a big impact at a fast-growing software startup.
You'll be primarily focused on the Marketing Team's event needs, working on a diverse set of projects that facilitate our go to market and community-building strategy. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Program management of Jamstack conferences, including vendor and contractor management, driving attendance, and managing the sponsors.
- Influence industry event sponsorship strategy, based on business goals with defined criteria and processes. Work with the team to evaluate and make sponsorship investment decisions.
- Execute on industry event sponsorshipsーdevelop messaging, giveaways, collateral, calls to action, interactive activities.
- Gain a clear understanding of Netlify's audience and how we can most effectively engage with them at events.
- Manage swag and fun promotional items for events, campaigns, our enthusiastic users (and for ourselves)!
- Support the growing Jamstack community and meetup group leaders around the world.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, sales, and developer experience teams who manage, speak at, and attend many of the events.
- Collaborate with demand gen and sales to deliver field events that directly impact sales pipeline.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience managing events, ideally in the technology industry.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing against multiple event-driven deadlines.
- Able to seamlessly and effectively manage multiple vendors and contractors required as we scale Jamstack conferences and field events.
- Because so many Netlify team members are involved in events, timely and clear communication is key. You will also be expected to uphold Netlify standards for external communication with attendees, speakers and sponsors.
- Understanding of how to maximize attendee experience and engagement at the conferences we host. Effectively combine messaging, campaigns, and activities to maximize our sponsorship presence at industry events.
- A healthy relationship with feedback, and ability to effectively elicit it from technical experts as well as sales and marketing teams.
- A people person, willing to attend and network at events, build relationships with sponsors, work across the organization, and motivate the team.
- When events return to in-person, willingness to travel to attend Jamstack conferences and industry events will be required.
- If remote, ability to work hours that at least overlap for at least 4 hours with the US Pacific time zone.
Bonus points if you:
- Have done event marketing in the technology space, specifically targeting developers, documentarians and designers.
- Have helped run events that scaled beyond 1,000+ attendees.
- Have worked with production and design agencies
- Have contacts at relevant companies in the ecosystem who might sponsor or support our events.
- Are comfortable working in Notion and/or a GitHub-based collaboration workflow.
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about Netlify, including the technology platform, ecosystem, go to market strategy, customer stories, and key value propositions
- Onboard and get acquainted with our virtual event stack, understand our events strategy and 2021 plans.
- Understand the marketing team workflow including sprint planning, reporting metrics, documentation and meeting cadences.
- Begin to take over project management and execution of events already inflight.
- Start building relationships with the teams you’ll be working with on a regular basis.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Begin to optimize and execute on program management for Jamstack Conf 2021
- Take ownership of the industry event sponsorship program, working across the company on planning and logistics
- Have worked cross functionally to develop a promotion plan for Jamstack Conf
- Win conference sponsorships and have established vendor relationships
- Help deliver a field marketing event in collaboration with marketing and sales departments.
- Take over onboarding of new Jamstack global user groups
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Be comfortable building and optimizing events workflows and applying creativity to drive great, unique experiences
- Report and analyze metrics based on completed and in-flight events.
- Lead meetings and presentations for your owned programs
- Own swag program that includes both event swag and swag.netlify.com. Work with brand design, vendors on creating new products, managing updates to the website, restocking and budget.
At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so the timeline is intended to show you what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we're always iterating, learning, and growing thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We're excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history and skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We would like to see some of your work, so please include a writing sample or a link to content you have created. Lastly, a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and at Netlify would be great, though not required and will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.