Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Executive Assistant.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Executive Assistant will be in our new Richmond, VA office. The EA will provide overall administrative support to the CEO and select members of the Leadership Team. He/She will provide services essential to the mission of the organization and the daily operations of the CEO and select members of the Leadership Team including high-level external communications, meetings management, internal office management, liaising with project and other department leads, maintaining confidential information, etc.
• Have responsibility for the smooth functioning of meetings and correspondences involving the CEO and select members of the Leadership Team.
• Manage deliverables to the CEO and select members of the Leadership Team and provide any necessary reporting.
• Create and edit presentations, documents and reports for the CEO and select members of the Leadership Team as required.
• Lead or participate on project teams related to a range of operational matters
• Develop relationships with key operational contacts, both internal and external
• Ensure confidentiality at all times (this position will have access to highly confidential information)
• Pitch in with office management responsibilities as a true team member
• Take meeting minutes and follow up on all action items that arise from meetings
• Project management of mission critical initiatives
• Other duties as assigned by the CEO and select members of the Leadership Team
• Previous executive experience required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be able to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities
• Must exhibit a positive, “can do” attitude, with an eagerness to learn
• Demonstrates an aptitude for problem solving
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
• Experience coordinating multiple projects
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a small, rapidly growing company
• Full-time position
• Located in Richmond, VA
• Excellent benefits package
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.