About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Field Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team in North America. In this role, you will coordinate territory planning and execution with sales & marketing stakeholders to build a marketing program calendar in your territory to increase awareness, drive engagement, generate leads, and support conversion rates. Working closely with the Sales and Partnerships teams in your region, you will identify target accounts, develop strategy, execute campaigns in order to support our account-based marketing efforts.
What to expect?
Reporting to the Global Field & Customer Marketing Team Manager, you will coordinate cross-functionally with the Sales, Partnerships, Customer Success, and Developer Relations. A successful candidate thrives in a team environment, while being a resourceful, independent, self-starter who is able to work effectively with minimal direction. This is also a great opportunity to diversify your skills and get involved in other aspects of B2B marketing in our team-oriented environment.
- Coordinate territory planning and execution with sales & marketing stakeholders to build field marketing program calendars to increase awareness, drive engagement, generate leads, and support conversion rates.
- Manage all aspects of event and digital-event coordination including strategy, objectives materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production and F&B, & logistics.
- Manage account-based marketing activities, in partnership with sales, including identifying target accounts, developing strategy, executing campaigns with the support of cross-functional teams.
- Conduct post-event/campaign evaluations and ROI analysis; report and share results and recommendations with sales team and marketing teams.
- Strategize, order and deliver promotional items to support sales & events/digital-events in your region.
- Research industry events and marketing/campaign opportunities in your region and evaluate sponsorship based on Contentful’s objectives and target audience.
- Maintain event and campaign documents - budgets, calendars, checklists, run-of-shows, etc.
- Complete quarterly budget reviews and ROI analysis; pivot strategy to align with findings.
- Achieve benchmarked ROI metrics by working with the sales and demand generation teams, managing and analyzing campaign data in Salesforce.
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and budgets
What you need to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of B2B working experience in the field marketing and/or marketing space
- Knowledge of the customer experience landscape is recommended but not required
- Previous experience managing events and marketing campaigns
- Ability to develop and deliver cohesive event strategies, including messaging, audience, execution
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; ability to multitask and effectively manage time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail; demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external clients
- Proven negotiation, problem-solving, organization and project management skills
- Experience handling large budgets
- Knowledge of Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator), Marketo and Salesforce is not required but helpful
- Ability to travel domestically once permitted is required; some international travel may occur in the future as well.
- Passionate about marketing and excited to bring new fresh ideas to Contentful
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Compensation for this position includes a salary range of $90,000 - $92,000 and a to-be-determined equity-based compensation
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.