SmugMug is looking for an experienced financial planning and analysis manager (FP&A) professional for a manager role based in our Mountain View, California, office who will report directly to our vice president of finance and oversee financial planning, forecasting, P&L, and cash management for both SmugMug.com and Flickr.com platforms. You will play a key role on our finance team and support the executive and product teams as we look to grow and scale our business. You will also lead our efforts to turn our data into planning and action as we look to bring more discipline and predictability around our operating plan and forecasting.
- Drive and own monthly and annual forecast, budget, and long-range planning for both SmugMug.com and Flickr.com platforms
- Prepare the P&L, balance sheet, and cash-flow forecasts for the business (short and long term), analyze trends, and challenge assumptions
- Prepare materials for key presentations (executive meetings and all-hands presentations) on the trends you are seeing in the data and provide recommendations to the company’s leadership
- Build financial models and analysis of key performance indicators—based on financial and business metrics—to evaluate the company’s performance
- Perform monthly budget versus actual analysis and work with department heads across the company to effectively manage their budget and support their business decisions on various projects
- Implement and oversee automation of FP&A systems and tools to help us drive predictability in forecasting and more effective budgeting processes
- Prepare and update the three-month rolling cash forecast and be responsible for monitoring cash balances and revolving credit facilities
- Five to eight years of relevant experience, preferably in a SaaS company
- Fundamental working knowledge of US GAAP, financial statements, and SaaS and eCommerce business models
- Experience with Excel pro (macros, pivots, look-ups, logic functions, etc.) and an ability to develop and update complex financial models (Profitability, ROI, KPIs’ impact)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the skill to translate ideas into clear, high-impact communications
- An ability to work independently and tackle problems with minimal direct supervision while collaborating with other teams and across departments as needed
- Netsuite skills a plus
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably within a finance field (accounting, business, finance, economics, statistics, etc.); CFA, CPA, or MBA a plus
SmugMug seeks to thrill customers around the world, and building a diverse team is essential to our success. We seek employees with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. And we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and cultivating an inclusive culture. We believe that embracing diversity is integral to innovation and progress.