ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done. Our teams are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security, and infrastructure, and more.
To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously across ~30 countries. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the world.
This operating structure presents unique opportunities and challenges that require world-class and innovative financial planning and analysis support. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About The Role
As a member of the global finance team, you will be helping to drive our financial planning efforts, which include budgeting, reforecasting, reporting, and analysis. You’ll have the opportunity to work on the consolidated global business, as well as our venture teams, helping them turn strategy and insights into initiatives. You will be based in our Brooklyn, NYC office.
What You'll Do
- Partner with company leaders to create detailed budgets, develop financial forecasts and operational goals;
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities;
- Perform sophisticated financial modeling - building models from scratch, improve=ing existing models, and breaking complex consolidated models down into component pieces;
- Think strategically and develop / operationalize our insights;
- Scale Consensys by working on special projects across the organization to support our transition from start-up to decentralized enterprise;
- Partner with global controllers to develop our management reporting needs;
- Be curious, creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets; and
- Define and monitor KPIs for various projects within the ConsenSys portfolio, and set up metrics dashboards for automated tracking.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar;
- Minimum of 2 years in banking and/or corporate finance at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization;
- Excel mastery and comfort creating scalable models;
- Commitment to accurate detail and comfort with a rapid execution environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills;
- A collaborative approach and a self-starter attitude;
- Working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS;
- A fearless approach to new technology and tools. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of ERP and financial planning systems; and
- Strong demonstrable interest in emerging technology and innovative businesses.
- MBA, CFA or CPA;
- SQL proficiency;
- Entrepreneurial experience, either as a founder or in a startup environment; and
- Prior experience working with blockchain / DLT technology.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing company;
- Space for personal development in a dynamic and international environment;
- Competitive salary based on level of seniority;
- Unlimited vacation; and
- Ability to work from home offices or the New York office.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.